Young Artist and Parents,
We would like to introduce the ARTS Arena.
During this time of sheltering in and isolating ourselves, and with the need for our children to have positive experiences, ARTS has created a program to help entertain, educate, and unite our children and families. Each week we will offer an idea, a seed of thought. From that we invite the youth, ages 5 – 18, to develop some creative pieces and to share them. This may be a drawing, a painting, a clay piece, a poem, a photograph, a video, music, a short performance. It can be anything you wish it to be. Parents, if you want to join in, please do. But keep your work separate from your child’s.
It may be something that reflects curiosity, beauty, or even emotional responses to the current events. Through the eyes of the children, through their voices, everyone can share and make discoveries. All the work is to be done by the child and should involve little adult supervision. Supplies can be newspapers, construction paper, phone photos, string, rocks, wood, anything that they can find or want to use.
The participants will earn points for submissions. Rewards will be given for redeemed points. (We are working on the rewards program in each community.)
Each piece is to be created and submitted to ARTS at email@example.com, you can also submit each piece by clicking the button below, or by sending a text to 979-966-8129. We will then share these online and through other means (newspaper articles, social media, newsletters, etc.) Each participant will earn credits to purchase rewards in the communities. (Participating sponsors will be announced.)
If your child/children need art supplies in the home, please call us. We will provide you with an ART TO GO pack made up especially for them. You will then be able to schedule a pick up at ARTS.
While we currently cannot gather together; we can share. We can explore and learn. We can have fun, laugh and relish in discovering all that is around us.
· Week 1 – March 23 – March 28 – Theme: A Texas Spring
· Week 2 – March 29 – April 4 – Theme: My Town
· Week 3 – April 6 – April 10 – Theme: My Life – A Collage
· Week 4 – April 13 – April 17 – Theme: Mother Nature
· Week 5 – April 20 – April 24 – Theme: Self Portrait
· Week 6 – April 27 – May 1 – Theme: Heroes and Leaders
· Week 7 – May 4 – May 8 – Theme: Cinco de Mayo – Let’s Celebrate
· Week 8 – May 11 – May 15 – Theme: My Favorite Place
· Week 9 – May 18 – May 22 – Theme: Fun – What Are You Doing?
· Week 10 – May 25 – May 29 – Theme: Lego's
· Week 11 – June 1 - June 5 – Theme: Around the World
· Week 12 – June 8 - June 12 – Theme: Pets
(Each week's submissions are due by Sunday at 6 PM)
New theme each week and a show when we can gather together again.
We can’t wait to receive these great creative pieces!
Week 9 - Fun – What Are You Doing?